We seek to partner with our customers, suppliers, employees, and the communities to promote sustainable progress.
CSI strongly believes in being an active member of the communities in which we live and work. Our community engagement strategy uses dual focus approach, which consists of a global component that focuses on increasing recycling awareness and a local component that allows each of our facilities to select organizations they wish to support. This blended
approach enables CSI to achieve coordinated focus at scale while empowering our employees to drive impact at a local level. CSI provides a wide range of opportunities to serve and positively impact the local communities in which we operate.
Company Wide Activity:
Working with our surrounding communities to increase recycling awareness.
Community service committees at each location select 1-3 issues to be addressed each year.
||Community engagement activities
|Ensenada and Saltillo
- Supports various schools and religious organizations, including via employee donations of money, food and volunteering
- Provides a doctor at each location for both employees and their families
- Donated face masks to hospitals during Covid-19 event
- Participated in activities for schools with children that experienced traumatic brain injuries, additionally donated presents and food
- Volunteered in a national park cleanup event
- Participated in various events organized by local organizations, including bowling competitions, community cleanups, softball tournaments, and blood donation
- Hosts an annual health fair for employees and their families. Local businesses/vendors with health & wellness products and services are invited. The event includes a flu shot clinic.
- A charity committee is led by a Quality Supervisors. The committee holds monthly meetings appx. 10-15 attendees on average. The committee has been in existence for 18 mos. (as of June 2020) and organizes various events (e.g., breast cancer).
- Supports the animal welfare league, including via employee donations of money and pet food products
|Salt Lake City
- Ad hoc events are organized around the holidays
- In the past participated in a highway cleanup program
- Historical events included a “plane pull” where teams raised money for the Indiana special Olympics, sponsored families for the Angel Tree project, partnership with St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Various events are organized during the holidays including can food and toy drives
- Currently working with a local shelter for people with domestic needs
Covid-19 shifts 2020 community engagement plans
Due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, our 2020 community engagement program was forced to shift course and adapt to changing conditions on the ground. For the remainder of the year and into next, we are focusing all efforts on Covid-19 risk mitigation activities including wellness, biometric testing, influenza vaccines and education. For example, our facilities in Mexico are hosting a COVID drive Thru fair that is open to families and the community.